Friday, March 16, 2012

Journals Excerpts of Microbicide & HPV



About HPV
Human papillomavirus (HPV) is a virus from the papillomavirus family that is capable of infecting humans. Like all papillomaviruses, HPVs establish productive infections only in keratinocytes of the skin or mucous membranes.

While the majority of the known types of HPV cause no symptoms in most people, some types can cause warts (verrucae), while others can – in a minority of cases – lead to cancers of the cervix, vulva, vagina, penis, oropharynx and anus. Recently, HPV has been linked with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.In addition, HPV 16 and 18 infections are strongly associated with an increased odds ratio of developing orophanyngeal cancer.

More than 30 to 40 types of HPV are typically transmitted through sexual contact and infect the anogenital region. Some sexually transmitted HPV types may cause genital warts. Persistent infection with "high-risk" HPV types — different from the ones that cause skin warts — may progress to precancerous lesions and invasive cancer. HPV infection is a cause of nearly all cases of cervical cancer. However, most infections with these types do not cause disease.

Microbicide & HPV
HIV-1, herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2), and human papillomavirus (HPV), among other sexually transmitted infections, represent a major burden for global health. Initial insights into the mucosal transmission of these viral pathogens have raised optimism with regard to the rapid generation of protective vaccines. Nevertheless, setbacks for HIV-1 and HSV-2 vaccines have seriously challenged the initial enthusiasm.

Recently, two new vaccines that efficiently prevented HPV infection have renewed the hope that vaccinal prevention of viral mucosal sexually transmitted infections is possible. HIV-1 and HSV-2 differ from HPV, and each virus needs to be tackled with a distinct approach. However, vaccines are not the only possible answer. Topically applied agents (microbicides) are an attractive alternative in the prevention of HIV-1 and HSV-2 mucosal transmission. Progress in understanding the mechanisms of genital transmission of HIV-1 and HSV-2 is required for successful vaccine or microbicide candidates to emerge from current approaches.
(Vaccines and microbicides preventing HIV-1, HSV-2, and HPV mucosal transmission; Nikolic DS, Piguet V.)

Genital human papillomavirus (HPV) infections represent one of the most frequent sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Although most infections spontaneously resolve within a year, most likely by host cell-mediated immunity, a proportion of persistent HPV infections can progress to invasive cervical cancer. Cervical cancer represents the second most frequent cause of cancer-related deaths in women, accounting for more than 200,000 deaths per year worldwide. Compounds with microbicidal activity against papillomaviruses, therefore, may reduce incident infections and decrease the rates of cervical cancer.

The high-molecular-weight sulfated or sulfonated polysaccharides or polymers cellulose sulfate, dextran sulfate, and polystyrene sulfonate were tested for microbicidal activity against bovine papillomavirus type 1 (BPV-1) and human papillomavirus type 11 (HPV-11) and type 40 (HPV-40). In vitro assays included the BPV-1-induced focus-forming assay and transient infection of human A431 cells with HPVs. The compounds were tested for microbicidal activity directly by preincubation with virus prior to addition to cell cultures and indirectly by addition of virus to compound-treated cells and to virus-coated cells to test inactivation of the virus after virus-cell binding.

In summary, we describe three new compounds that show microbicidal activity against BPV-1, HPV-11, and HPV-40. The mechanism of inhibition of infection appears to include both direct interaction of the compounds with infectious virions and a blocking effect at the cell surface. The lack of significant cellular toxicity of CS, DS, and PSS make these compounds attractive potential microbicides for a variety of infectious pathogens including HPV.
(Papillomavirus Microbicidal Activities of High-Molecular-Weight Cellulose Sulfate, Dextran Sulfate, and Polystyrene Sulfonate; Neil D. Christensen, Cynthia A. Reed, Tim D. Culp, Paul L. Hermonat, Mary K. Howett, Robert A. Anderson, and Lourens J. D. Zaneveld)

Certain sexually transmitted human papillomavirus (HPV) types are causally associated with the development of cervical cancer. Our recent development of high-titer HPV pseudoviruses has made it possible to perform high-throughput in vitro screens to identify HPV infection inhibitors. Comparison of a variety of compounds revealed that carrageenan, a type of sulfated polysaccharide extracted from red algae, is an extremely potent infection inhibitor for a broad range of sexually transmitted HPVs.

Although carrageenan can inhibit herpes simplex viruses and some strains of HIV in vitro, genital HPVs are about a thousand-fold more susceptible, with 50% inhibitory doses in the low ng/ml range. Carrageenan acts primarily by preventing the binding of HPV virions to cells. This finding is consistent with the fact that carrageenan resembles heparan sulfate, an HPV cell-attachment factor.

However, carrageenan is three orders of magnitude more potent than heparin, a form of cell-free heparan sulfate that has been regarded as a highly effective model HPV inhibitor. Carrageenan can also block HPV infection through a second, postattachment heparan sulfate–independent effect. Carrageenan is in widespread commercial use as a thickener in a variety of cosmetic and food products, ranging from sexual lubricants to infant feeding formulas. Some of these products block HPV infectivity in vitro, even when diluted a million-fold. Clinical trials are needed to determine whether carrageenan-based products are effective as topical microbicides against genital HPVs.
(Carrageenan Is a Potent Inhibitor of Papillomavirus Infection; Christopher B. Buck, Cynthia D. Thompson, Jeffrey N. Roberts, Martin Müller, Douglas R. Lowy, John T. Schiller)

Antibody-based technology is now coming to fruition for systemic therapeutics, but the untapped commercial applications for antibodies are in mucosal prevention. A vaginal microbicide is one important application for mucosal antibodies; antibody technology is so flexible that it is readily extended to other reproductive health applications or to the prevention of diseases by pathogens at other mucosal sites. The production of antibodies in plant as plantibodies will enable this technology to meet cost and capacity demands.
(ANTI-HPV HUMAN MONOCLONALS FOR A VAGINAL MICROBICIDE; Kevin J Whaley)

7 comments:

  1. Yes yes & yes many cancers & like diseases like HIV/AIDS, HSV/HERPES, and many organ related diseases are cured this days with herbal remedies & more herbal treatments are being discovered all the time. More anticancer & antiviral herbal drugs are in clinical trials this days than ever before and promising herbalist like Dr Utu all thanks to him. I do hear of many people he has helped cured their diseases using African natural Herbs & Roots. I'm Paul G. From Australia a father of four which include 3 girls and a boy. My boss is more than a father to me, he assist my family even financially. He completely lost himself when he was diagnosed of kidney stone & to make matter worst he started noticing his first outbreak. Ever since his kidney stone issues, he keep having herpes outbreak on any little fever. He's my boss and the only way I can pay him is to help his situation. At first I doubted Dr Utu, but in a case of life & death as this am left with only a choice. I contacted Dr Utu to give him a try. He sent herbal meds to my boss that completely flushed out the stone in his kidney. He completely cured my boss of kidney stone and herpes virus using African herbs. I also prescribed this herbal cure for a colleague with HIV and he was completely cured. Dr Utu is health future. Through me Dr Utu have completely cured; herpes, hiv, cancers, kidney stone. I think it pays to be good because you never know who might pay you back in future. So my knowledge on this is what I share. For the sick, trying herbal meds will tell you the different. Reach Dr Utu on his email; drutuherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took almost one year for my first real outbreak but it was the hardest thing in the world to get along with. I felt so unwanted and dirty. I tried many formulas, suggestions, methods to get rid of it permanently. Booked appointment with many doctors, professionals, even religiously until I started getting away spiritually and still it won't go. The worst is my outbreaks occurs within short period and take as long as even weeks to go away. I was at last placed on antiviral treatment which is a good treatment but for how long? I prayed every four times a day for God to cure me miraculously or direct me to cure because I know there is. During outbreaks I thought it's the end of the world but it's not, with time I will become normal again. I started trying fruits and herbs, take herbal produced, and with time became very interested in herbs. I read blogs, websites, and comments on herbs and built a stronger hope. I saw comments and decided to try Dr Utu African Traditional Herbal meds. I know of one mr Brown who was HIV and now brags he was cured of HIV with Dr Utu traditional meds but never give it a thought because I believed HIV already has a cure and never think it through or make a research. And for herpes my doctor told me that there is no known cure. When I saw testimonies of his Herpes cure on sites. I copied his contact d r u t u h e r b a l c u r e @ g m a i l . c o m.
    I showed it to brown who confirmed it was Dr Utu contact. I contacted him immediately and he also prepared and sent me herbal herpes meds through DHL. Right after getting this traditional meds I followed the prescription cautiously and withing days I started noticing rapid change and I know within me it's the cure. I used it for up to two weeks and when my test result was out not only did this herbal meds cure me but boost my immune and I feel real and free. Dr Utu African Traditional meds have successfully cured Herpes, Warts, HIV, Cancers, Kidney Stone, Asthma, most importantly this traditional meds boost immune and have no after effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am deeply concerned about the still increase in population of people living with HSV, HIV, CANCERS, HEPATITIS, STROKES in our society today because of ignorance, to be Frank all this big names are grammars. I saw comments of people DR UTU helped get rid of their diseases, with the increase in population of people living with various diseases and myself as a beneficiary to DR UTU traditional cure I thought I too should reach the world via comment. Many People believed traditional herbs are so primitive and some are even shy to purchase it in public. Some went as far as trashing the legendary name of herbal medicine hiding its numerous advantages and let publicly it disadvantage and yet makes it look big, all this are just for pharmaceutical gain. All pharmaceutical cure are derived from existing traditional herbal cure from ages.
    Yes! I'm here to tell the world the actual FACT! which is; there is herbal cure for herpes, Ebola, HIV, cancers, hepatitis, ulcers, asthma, pile, diabetes and many big names of diseases. all my career I've lived my life believing and making research on this, till I confirmed it four years ago. Since four years ago and till today I still say yes! That among many real traditional herbalist Dr Nze Utu Njoku @ (drutuherbalcure) cures this diseases using African traditional herbs. After he cured me four years ago of genital herpes, ever since then I worked with him distance never a barrier, I'm a living witness to this. And I have directed both genital and oral herpes patients to him and they are permanently cured. I'm Ethan Oliver from Australia and also a herbal dealer and lover. I'm also a researcher on herbs for good health. Which also include Africa traditional herbal treatment, I support Herbal treatment, cure and vaccines. My view is based on my extensive research over a very long period of time, and my conclusion is, there is cure to all natural diseases including HSV, HIV, CANCERS, DIABETES, using the right medications with the right herbalist. Are you herpes positive and permanently want get rid of this disease or any of this big name diseases don't be scared to save yourself, contact Dr Utu for permanent herbal cure. Be bold and smart Don't be fooled by selfish people who say, cure is impossible.
    Dr UTU e-mail , 'drutuherbalcure@gmail.com'

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriend and I met three years ago on herpes dating site so we discovered we are +ve from the beginning of our relationship, that we both had genital herpes. My first outbreak was the ABSOLUTE worst experience, I was so sick. We suffered for one year plus, had constant outbreaks and then finally we decided to both respectively take Dr Utu African Traditional Herbs as advised by friends. His herb is Not much bitter or sour taste.
    Dosage two times daily every day for four weeks, and honest to goodness it was a miraculous herbs. We were on it for not more than two weeks when we noticed total change. 'couldn't wait for four weeks. It was third week and five days we used the herbs. Then we went for test and was already hsv2 negative, the both of us. Neither of us have had any lesion, outbreak or symptoms till date.
    For traditional and permanent hsv cure, Contact him on drutuherbalcure@gmail.com or direct WhatsApp or phone +2347032718477

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am really grateful and thankful for what Doctor Ehimare has done for me and my family. I Was having HERPES for good three years with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and because I was unable to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about him today. if you need his help or you also want to get cured just the way I got mine, just him Doctor Ehimare Whatsapp him ; +1 (267) 691-1087 or his email address drehimare3@gmail.com and get your healing. He has cure for other deadly diseases like Diabetes, Hiv/Aids, Hepatitis of all types and Cancer

    ReplyDelete
  6. [ ] I'm here to testify about the great work Dr Ehimare did for me. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the past 5 years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of one lady on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr Ehimare on how he cured her from HIV Virus. And she also gave the email address of this man and advise anybody to contact Dr Ehimare for help for any kind of sickness that he would be of help, so I emailed him on ( Drehimare3@gmail.com ) telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Well i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as Dr Ehimare assured me that i will be cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So - [ ] friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can contact Dr ehimare via email. { Drehimare3@gmail.com }or call or what sapp him on + 1 (267) 691-1087- [ ] DR Ehimare CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-- [ ] HIV/AIDS- [ ] HERPES- [ ] CANCER- [ ] ALS- [ ] cancer - [ ] Diabetes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am really grateful and thankful for what Doctor Ehimare has done for me and my family. I Was having HERPES for good three years with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and because I was unable to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about him today. if you need his help or you also want to get cured just the way I got mine, just him Doctor Ehimare  Whatsapp him ; +1 (267) 691-1087 or his email address drehimare3@gmail.com and get your healing. He has cure for other deadly diseases like Diabetes, Hiv/Aids, Hepatitis of all types and Cancer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...